Support the library
The Sioux Center Public Library is a great community library because of our community members who support the library. Below are some ways for you to get involved.
Volunteer at the library
- The library offers flexible volunteer opportunities including, but not limited to the following.
- Meet regularly with a child to help them improve their reading skills.
- Deliver books to home-bound community members.
- Help with a children’s program.
- Share with the community on your favorite hobby (beekeeping, scrap-booking, history, coding, cooking, etc.).
- volunTEENS – a program for 5th-12th graders to volunteer at the library on a regular basis.
- To find out more about these opportunities or to apply, visit our volunteer page or call the library at 712-722-2138.
Donate to the library
- The library gladly accepts book, DVD, and video game donations that conform to the donation policy.
- Other kinds of donations are also appreciated – see the donation policy for examples and more details.
Memorial gifts or honor gifts
- The Sioux Center Public Library is honored to accept your memorial or honor donation to remember or acknowledge someone special or to generally support the library.
- Please contact the library director for more information 712.722.2138 Becky.Bilby@siouxcenterlibrary.org
Serve on the library board
- The library board meets monthly to help give direction to the library.
- Primary roles include: advocating for the library, planning for the future of the library, monitoring and evaluating the library, setting library policies, hiring and evaluating the library director.
- View the library trustee job description for more information.