Summer 2019 Registration
Please use the following links to sign up for summer programs, classes, & events
Click on a link below and fill out the form to register for an upcoming program. You may also register using the links on our calendar, by calling us at 712.722.2138, or in person at the library. Full descriptions of each event are available on the website calendar.
All grades are the grades that the student has/will complete in May 2019.
Please note that you do not sign up for the summer reading program (where you log the minutes read to earn prizes) online, but rather stop by the library on or after Monday, June 10 to pick up a packet/reading log.
Repeating programs – you are registering for whole series
- Story hours – ages are approximate for story hours
- Book Clubs
- Read It & Eat Book Club (5th-8th) – June 25 & July 12 from 2:30-3:30 pm
- Adult book clubs do not require advanced registration. Pick up the book at the circulation desk to read prior to the club.
- Lego Club (2nd-6th grade) July 9, 16, 23 from 2-3 pm
- Spanish Camp (3rd-5th grade) Monday-Friday – July 29-Aug. 2 from 1:30-3:00 pm – for kids wanting to learn some Spanish
- STEM Club (5th-8th grade) June 27, July 11 & 18 from 2-3 pm
- Leemos en español (3rd-6th grade) Mondays, June 10, 17, 24 & July 8, 15, 22 from 1:30-3:00 pm – for Spanish speaking kids to improve their ability to read in Spanish through games, activities, and crafts.
- Summer Splash – $5 cost – 6 Wednesdays in June & July
It is a common fact that reading in the summer is very important for students. The long break from school means that reading ability and comprehension can slip as a result. The Sioux Center Public Library would like to encourage and promote reading through the use of SPLASH programming in order to help students fill the “summer gap” of reading. The program is focused on the summer reading program theme and uses materials provided for the summer reading program, as well as many supplementary materials and activities. It includes literacy activities, recommending books, literature discussions, games, crafts, and more. This year’s theme is A Universe of Stories. Libraries Rock! Through books, games, experiences, and activities the children will learn about space exploration. Come, join the fun as we discover a universe of stories! Registration is required. Cost is $5.00 (no refunds).
One time events – you are registering for one day only
- Intergenerational Galactic Space Party – Children will stuff an alien & take it home, decorate a rocket cookie, and design a moon home for their alien. Cost is $10 per child making an alien. August 8 at 6:30 pm.
- Digital Scrapbooking – June 10 at 7:00 pm
- Thursday Night Make-N-Takes! Summer Crafts Series for Adults – Thursdays at 7:00 pm
- Mother-Daughter Sign Painting Class – July 8 at 6:30 pm – Cost is $28 per pair of painters.
- Organize Your Space – July 24 at 7:00 pm
- 5th-12th Grade Craft Program – July 25 from 2-3:00 pm