Summer 2018 Registration
Please use the following links to sign up for summer programs, classes, & events
Click on a link below and fill out the form to register for an upcoming program. You may also register using the links on our calendar, by calling us at 712.722.2138, or in person at the library. Full descriptions of each event are available on the website calendar.
All grades are the grades that the student has/will complete in May 2018.
Please note that you do not sign up for the summer reading program (where you log the minutes read to earn prizes) online, but rather stop by the library on or after Monday, June 5 to pick up a packet/reading log.
Repeating programs – you are registering for whole series
- Story hours – Tuesday mornings – ages are approximate for story hours
- Book Clubs
- Adult book clubs do not require advanced registration. Pick up the book at the circulation desk to read prior to the club.
- Lego Club – June 26, July 10 & 17 – 2nd-6th grade – 2-3 pm – Sorry this program is full. To be put on a waiting list, click here.
- Spanish Camp – Monday-Friday – July 23-27 – 3rd-5th grade – 1:30-3:00 pm – for kids wanting to learn some Spanish
- STEM Club – June 5, 12, & 19 – 5th-12th grade – 2-3 pm
- Basic Java Programming Class – Mondays, June 11, 25, July 9, 23, Aug. 13, 20 at 10:00 am
- Leemos en español – Mondays, June 4, 11, 18, 25 & July 9, 16 – 3rd-6th grade – 1:30-3:00 pm – for Spanish speaking kids to improve their ability to read in Spanish through games, activities, and crafts.
- Summer Splash – $5 cost – 5 Wednesdays in June & July
It is a common fact that reading in the summer is very important for students. The long break from school means that reading ability and comprehension can slip as a result. The Sioux Center Public Library would like to encourage and promote reading through the use of SPLASH programming in order to help students fill the “summer gap” of reading. The program is focused on the summer reading program theme and uses materials provided for the summer reading program, as well as many supplementary materials and activities. It includes literacy activities, recommending books, literature discussions, games, crafts, and more. This year’s theme is Libraries Rock. Libraries Rock! Music plays a fundamental role in our lives. Through books, games, musical experiences, making musical instruments the children will learn about the science behind the music they love and expose them to the music that nature is making every day. Come, join the fun as we celebrate the fact that libraries rock! Registration is required. Cost is $5.00 (no refunds).
- Spanish Computer Class – Thursdays 9:30 AM – June 7, 14, 21, 28 & July 12
One time events – you are registering for one day only
- Libraries Rock! Summer Crafts Series for Teens & Adults – Saturdays at 10 AM
- Escape Box for Teens (5th-12th) – 3:00-4:00 pm
- Sioux Center Has Talent! – July 24 & 25 – 4th-12th grade
- Food Preservation 101 – August 6 at 6:30 pm