National Library Week will be observed April 19-25, 2020 with the theme, “Find Your Place at the Library” National Library Week is a national observance sponsored by the American Library Association (ALA) and libraries across the country each April. It was first started in 1958 and is a time to celebrate the contributions of our nation’s libraries and librarians and to promote library use and support.
Due to to Coronavirus, all events will be online this year and include:
- Mystery Storytime at 9:30am on Tuesday, April 21.
- Edible Book Contest: Participants may submit their entry via a photo emailed to email@example.com anytime Monday through Thursday. All pictures will be posted on social media on Friday for the public to vote on their favorite. Winners will be announced at 3:00pm. There will be a youth and adult division this year. For more information, click here.
- Live Online Game Night on Wednesday at 7:00pm.
- Mother’s Day Craft Event. Participants can register to join this program and pick up their supply kit from the library prior to the program. The program will be livestreamed on Thursday at 7:00pm.
- Free cookies (pre-packaged) all day Friday with your checkout!
Bad Art Contest
Trivia for Teens and Adults
Match the library staff to their baby picture
Silhouette game for kids