Conversation Club-this is offered periodically at different times/days. Please call the library and talk to Ruth for more information.
ESL Materials-see a list of ESL materials in our catalog.
- Books for students
- Books for teachers/tutors
- ESL leveled reading books
- DVDs for students
- DVDs for teachers/tutors
- Language games
- iPads with ESL apps such as Mango, pronunciation apps, voice translators, grammar practice, medical English, and reading practice (in library use only)
- Mango Languages-an online language learning program that is also available as an app for most devices
- LearningExpress Library-an online learning platform including basic skills improvement courses for reading and writing
- News for You-News for You offers easy to read news stories that can help you learn to read, write, speak, and understand the English language. Call us for the password.
Do you work with immigrants or English Language Learners? Ruth or Maria would be happy to come and share about ESL resources (or other topics) with your employees or organization. Please call them at 712-722-2138 to set up a time.
Thanks to the American Dream Starts @your library and Dollar General Literacy Foundation for helping us develop our ESL collection.
Related community resources
ESL classes in Sioux Center and surrounding towns (contact Norma at NCC 712-324-5061 x124 for the schedule, or stop by the library)
GED classes through NCC – Contact NCC (712) 324-5061 ext. 124 or the library for more information.