“Experts tell us that children need to hear 1,000 stories read aloud before they begin to learn to read for themselves.“–Mem Fox
1,000 Book Hall of Fame
Did you know?
- If you read only 1 bedtime story every night for 3 years, you will have read 1,095 books!
- If you read 10 books each week for 2 years, you will have read 1,040 books!
- Double that rate to complete 1,000 books in 1 year!
Who is this program for?
This program is for any child, from birth until he or she enters kindergarten.
How does it work?
- Stop by the library and pick up a notebook (reading log) and bookmark. Or do it all on the app. (Apple) (Android)
- Record the titles of the books that you read in the notebook or search/scan to add them to your child’s reading list on the app.
- Receive a sticker for every 100 books read (you may read and count the same book multiple times).
- When you reach 1,000 books, your child will receive a free book, an invitation to the 1,001 book party, and their picture in the 1,000 Book Hall of Fame!
Resources for parents