Borrow from another library
- Our library is connected to other libraries thoughout the state and nation. If you can’t find an item in this library, ask library staff to help you get it from another library for a fee of $2.00.
- The Iowa Locator shows you which books may be available for interlibrary loan in Iowa, however our interlibrary loan librarian may be able to find additional books for you nationally if they are not available in Iowa.
Interlibrary loan policy
- The Sioux Center Public LIbrary Board of Trustees supports participation in and use of regional, state, and nation-wide interlibrary networks. The library is a member of Open Access and Access Plus programs with the state of Iowa.
Requests for loans
- Patron requests will be made by filling out an interlibrary loan paper form or an online form found below. The Interlibrary loan librarian will determine the validity of the request and, in the case of high-demand, reference, or new materials, may at their discretion forward it to the ILL librarian or the director for further evaluation prior to ordering.
- Patrons are limited to no more than 5 books per month and 5 articles per week.
- If patrons abuse the ILL system (i.e. do not bring the book(s) back in a timely manner, repeatedly damage items, request multiple renewals), the ILL Librarian can choose to discontinue offering this service to to him/her.
- There is a fee of $2.00 for each request.
- The patron assumes full responsibility for any fees associated with the obtaining of materials and for all fees for late, damaged, or lost materials.
- Patrons must be in good standing to order materials through Interlibrary Loan.