Get a library card!
The Sioux Center Public Library Board of Trustees subscribes to a full Open Access Policy. Any person upon presentation of proper identification, regardless of place of residence, is eligible for a library card. Library use privileges may be revoked for continued violation of rules and regulations.
What do I need to do?
- Bring a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, student ID, consular card, passport, etc.)
- Bring proof of address.
- If your photo ID has your current address, that is all you need.
- If your photo ID does NOT have your current address, bring one of the following
- a copy of your lease
- a piece of mail sent to your address
- a bill containing your name and address
- a check with your address
- something else with your address may be accepted
- If you don’t have anything with your address:
- We will mail you a postcard to verify your address.
- You will be limited to checking out 3 items at a time until you return that postcard as proof of your address.
- If you are under 18, you need to bring your parent or guardian with you. We will ask for their ID and proof of address.
- Come to the library (102 S Main) and fill out a short application.
- Sign your card and start using it!
What if I lost my card?
- A replacement card costs $2.00.
- Bring a photo ID and proof of address (see above for requirements).
- A parent or guardian needs to be present for people under 18 years of age.
- Stop by the library (102 S Main) and we will get you a replacement card.
Can I put my library card on my smartphone?
Yes!! Never be caught without your library card again! We recommend using the CardStar app, but will accept others as well.
- Install the “CardStar” app.
- Tap the add card icon.
- Choose the merchant “Sioux Center Public Library.”
- Type or scan your 14 digit library card number.
- Show your card on your phone to check out items or use a computer.
How do I renew or reserve items online?
Library Policies (including circulation policy, patron conduct policy, internet use, and more)