Crazy 8s is a recreational after-school math club that helps kids enjoy the math behind their favorite activities!
We’re nothing like your usual math club. With Crazy 8s kids will build glow-in-the-dark structures, crack secret spy codes and play games like Toilet Paper Olympics.
The activities build on each other, so we ask the participants do their best to attend each week.
Registration is required. Sign up here.
- Glow in the Dark Geometry: Make geometric shapes using glowsticks. Lay out the sticks to make mystical repeating patterns. Then flick off the lights to see it all glow!
- Let’s Get Loud: Experiment with water and straws to create different sounds, then build a working flute out of milkshake straws. After all that, find out exactly how loud you are, down to the numbers!
- Time of Your Life: Find out what makes you tick. Race to do crazy stunts, “be” a clock, and see if you have the winning birthday!
- Toilet Paper Olympics: Bet you never knew sports and toilet paper could go together, huh? Get on a roll with your Olympian skills in the shot put, the long jump, and the relay race.
- Spy Training: See if you have what it takes to be a spy, and break the codes to the clues to find the hidden treasure!
- Flying Marshmallows: Send marshmallows flying through the air using popsicle sticks and rubber bands. Figure out what positions work best, then measure the flight to prove it.
- Zip Line Zoo: Build a zip line for brave stuffed animals, and race them across the room. Measure the distance and time their rides to see how fast they can go!
- Bouncy Dice Explosion: Your big chance to throw things because you’re supposed to. Find out your chances of rolling a 2 or a 5, then try to be the winning chip on a giant human Bingo board.