- The library is temporarily closed–at least March 16-May 31. See the full letter from library director, Becky Bilby.
- All face-to-face library-sponsored programs will be cancelled from March 16-May 31.
- Media notice regarding reopening plan.
Curbside Service Available
- We are happy to introduce Curbside Service to allow you to continue to access new print materials, books, magazines, DVDs, and more.
- Please note that you need to submit a request ahead of time (online, phone, or email) and wait for an email or text notification that items are ready to be picked up.
In an effort to make sure we are utilizing the 6 feet social distancing guidelines, we are going to make a slight change to our curbside service. When you call to pick up your books, you will be asked to stay in you car as a librarian comes out and places your items on the designated table. Please wait until the librarian returns to building before picking up your items from the table. If you are walking or biking to the library, please remain at least 6 feet away from the table until the librarian has returned to the building. Thank you for your assistance and understanding in this matter.
- Curbside Service Hours:
- 10am-5pm Monday-Friday
- 10am-1pm Saturday
- We encourage you to reserve items online via our catalog. Please contact us if you need your PIN reset. The video below explains how to reserve items online.
No Overdue Fines
- No fines will be assessed while the library is closed.
Electronic Resources Available 24/7
Check out our wide variety of electronic resources.
- If you have recommendations for eBooks or eAudiobooks, please email us at email@example.com
- These electronic resources are available FREE of charge to all Sioux Center and rural Sioux County residents.
- In light of the COVID-19 situation, we are offering a 50% discount on a year’s worth of electronic resource access for residents of surrounding towns ($20 for Iowa residents, $30 for out of state). Please call us at 712.722.2138 if you would like to subscribe to these resources.
- We are currently working with our vendors to reduce barriers to access. We have worked with the following vendors to remove the $5 fine limit that used to block you from accessing eBooks.
- Cloud Library
- Brainfuse Online Tutoring
- We have doubled your allotted checkouts on Hoopla from 3 to 6.
- Foundation Directory (grant search) will be temporarily available to you from home (it is usually only available within the library building).
We are providing access to some additional online books during the COVID-19 epidemic.
The following TumbleBook collections are available to all users. There is no need to log in with a library card number and no wait times. All the books are available all the time!
Digital Library Cards Available
- Fill out this form to apply for a digital library card from the safety of your home. This card can be used to check out items at Curbside Service or, if eligible, to access our electronic resources.
Virtual Sioux Center Public Library Programs
- Each week, we’ll offer virtual library programs, including story times, chapter book teasers, baking challenges, book reviews, trivia and more. See the tentative schedule below and follow our Facebook page for updates.
Other Virtual Learning Activities
- We’ve compiled a list of great online opportunities for you and your family. We’ll update this list frequently, so bookmark it and visit it as you plan your week.
WiFi Available in Parking Lot 24/7
- We know not everyone has internet access at home. We are committed to keeping our WiFi on 24/7 during this COVID-19 epidemic. While we can’t welcome you inside, you are welcome to use the WiFi from your car in the parking lot.
- Sign up for the library’s weekly email newsletter to stay informed of future developments.
- Follow the library’s Facebook page to see daily posts of fun activities to keep you and your family busy during this time at home.
- Please do not hesitate to contact us if there are other ways we can assist you at this time.
- We realize this is a rapidly changing situation, and we will continue to post updates here as they develop.
Reliable Sources of Information on COVID-19
- Iowa Resources & Information
- United States Resources & Information
- Worldwide Resources & Information
- Local Resources & Information