Library increasing hours on August 1!
- The library will be adding more evening hours beginning on August 1.
- The library has made efforts to reduce exposure to COVID-19, but the risk of infection cannot be eliminated! To further reduce your risk, consider using curbside service and online resources.
Library Hours (effective August 1):
- Monday: 9:00-9:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00-9:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00-9:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00-9:00pm
- Friday: 9:00-5:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00-1:00pm
Guidelines for Public to Follow:
- Patrons are advised to follow the CDC guidelines and maintain a 6 foot social distance from others.
- If you have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, please do not enter the library.
- We are requesting all patrons to wear a mask when entering the library.
- Children 9 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
Curbside Service will continue to be available
- Please note that you need to submit a request ahead of time (online, phone, or email) and wait for an email or text notification that items are ready to be picked up.
- Please stay in your vehicle or six feet away until the library staff places your items on the table.
- We encourage you to reserve items online via our catalog. Please contact us if you need your PIN reset. The video below explains how to reserve items online.
Electronic Resources Available 24/7
Check out our wide variety of electronic resources.
- If you have recommendations for eBooks or eAudiobooks, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- These electronic resources are available FREE of charge to all Sioux Center and rural Sioux County residents.
- In light of the COVID-19 situation, we are offering a 50% discount on a year’s worth of electronic resource access for residents of surrounding towns ($20 for Iowa residents, $30 for out of state). Please call us at 712.722.2138 if you would like to subscribe to these resources.
- We are currently working with our vendors to reduce barriers to access. We have worked with the following vendors to remove the $5 fine limit that used to block you from accessing eBooks.
- Cloud Library
- Brainfuse Online Tutoring
- We have doubled your allotted checkouts on Hoopla from 3 to 6.
- Foundation Directory (grant search) will be temporarily available to you from home (it is usually only available within the library building).
Digital Library Cards Available
- Fill out this form to apply for a digital library card from the safety of your home. This card can be used to check out items at Curbside Service or, if eligible, to access our electronic resources.
Meeting Rooms Open to the Public
- Beginning August 1, the meeting rooms will once again be open for public use. To reserve a room, please click here. Patrons are responsible for maintaining appropriate social distancing guidelines when using these rooms. Rooms and high-touched areas will also need to be sanitized by the user prior to leaving the library.
WiFi Available in Parking Lot 24/7
- We know not everyone has internet access at home. We are committed to keeping our WiFi on 24/7 during this COVID-19 epidemic. While we can’t welcome you inside, you are welcome to use the WiFi from your car in the parking lot.
- Sign up for the library’s weekly email newsletter to stay informed of future developments.
- Follow the library’s Facebook page to see daily posts of fun activities to keep you and your family busy during this time at home.
- Please do not hesitate to contact us if there are other ways we can assist you at this time.
- We realize this is a rapidly changing situation, and we will continue to post updates here as they develop.
- Iowa Resources & Information
- United States Resources & Information
- Worldwide Resources & Information
- Local Resources & Information