There are a variety of ways volunteers contribute to the library. We’re currently look for help with all of the following.
- Owl’s Nest Program – Reading books to children or listening to children read books.
- Books for Seniors – Delivering books once a month to those who are unable to get out.
- Volunteens – 5th-12th graders who regularly volunteer (1-2 times a week) to shelve books, create displays, prepare library materials, and more.
- Summer Reading Program Volunteers – 5th graders and older are invited to help with the reading program.
- Be a library board member – advocate for the library, plan for the future, monitor and evaluate effectiveness, set library priorities, hire & evaluate the library director. Click here for the full job description.
- Preparation of crafts for our children’s programs.
- Sanitizing children’s books or assisting with displays.
- Provide baked goods for a book club or other program.
If you would like to volunteer at the library, please print out the Volunteer Application Form and drop it off at the library or fill out the online form. (Please note there is a different application form for Owl’s Nest and for Volunteens.)